Where does the time go?? January has been a blast, so many new things! Resolutions are still going strong, I wonder how long they will all last! I decided 2013 would be the year of “Do something different“. So what am I doing?
- Fabrics & sewing: I have to use up my stash of fabrics and patterns! I have decided that for every 2 pieces of fabric I use from my stash, I am allowed to buy 1 piece of fabric new. IF I need it. Of course, notions, linings and interfacings are completely absolved from this!
- Getting out & about: Chantelle at Fat Mum Slim has a “A Photo A Day” challenge. There are word prompts for each day, and you’re encouraged to interpret these for your photo. I’ve had a great time so far. I do not have a fancy camera, and sometimes have to rely on my phone, but I’ve discovered some really cool apps and editing software online. My new header was made using PicMonkey‘s collage options!
- Burda challenge. Melissa of Fehr Trade made something from each of her Burdas every month last year. Now sometimes you get your new issue and think, “meh, there’s nothing really in there”. Or there’s too much on & you don’t get round to making anything at all. I have way too many Burda magazines that have folded down corners bookmarking the patterns I wanted to make, but never got round to it. So this year I am going to make at least one pattern from each Burda of 2013. Not necessarily in the month it comes out, but during the year, at least. This one’s got off to a rocky start, because I haven’t even chosen one from January yet!
- Joining in. Jungle January was just the start! Daughter No2 and I will be partaking in Scruffy Badger’s Polka Dot Fest, but not with a dress. Remember the spotty fabric sample we got from Ditto Fabrics at the beginning of January? She fancies that for some capri trousers, so I have traced out an older Burda pattern for her and we’ll get that done this month.
- Karen from Did you make that? has the 2013 Sewlutions, and I’m in the jar! I promised to pattern cut some (a) shirt for husband this year. I must do this, I’ve had fabric form him hanging around so ling some of it has migrated to becoming shrits for the girls & myself! Poor bloke! I may even make him a whole suit, but let’s not push my luck too far, ok?
- Fancy a 1940’s sew-along? Rochelle from Lucky Lucille hinted earlier in January that she may be hosting one in February, I’m looking forward to that! I have the perfect fabric for a little summer dress for Daughter No2. I bought it on impulse 2 years ago from Linda Harper’s in Kenilworth.
- The biggest something different is going to be starting this weekend! I’m not going to say any more about it just yet, suffice to say it will be fun! Pop back tomorrow …
I have managed to make the pattern & toile of a biker-style jacket for Daughter no1, which Daughter No2 is kindly modelling here.
Daughter No1 will be home this weekend, so I will get to make some fitting adjustments and get cracking with the grey herringbone twill. I think it’s going to loook fab!
How are your resolutions doing??