You know when you have a clearout, or a chance to re-organise your little stash of fabrics, there is aways something lurking that you just haven’t got round to using yet. And propably won’t. It’s not the colour you like anymore, not the right pattern, or often, not enough to really do something with. The Perfect Nose has the answer, a swap.
But this is not just any swap. The idea is to swap one cool thing from your stash, with a wierd thing. I have found a couple of items I just know I am not going to use anymore. I haven’t the occasion, or time for them anymore, so I have made a little pile.
These are the rules for the swap from the Perfect Nose:
- Crappy things not allowed.
- Entries will be accepted until March 31st, 2012 and a list of interested swap contributors drawn up.
- Each swap contributor will send one cool thing and one strange thing to their nominated swap partner within a month.
- I will send an extra cool/strange thing combo to three extra people (randomly drawn) from the list (pretty much immediately).
- If you have more than one cool/strange thing you’d like to send let me know and I’ll see what I can do about pairing you with others interested in doing the same.
- You’re free to add other (nice) things to your contribution if you like.
If you are interested, I suggest you get on over to her site pretty sharp, as the closing date is tomorrow!! If you are in Oz, get cracking!! US readers have a little breathing space…
So I have put together a little inspiration board, so as to make sure I get swapped the right sort of stuff.
I used Gimmebar to put this together. If you have used Pinterest in the past, this is similar, but there is the option to have private boards – which is not currently in the pipeline for Pinterest. Also, instead of pinning just images, you can “grab” whole pages, so this includes text. Quite good for bookmarking pages on the internet, and of course, there is always a link to the original source. Check it out.
So I hope the person who gets my contribution makes something really cool, and I hope I get something fab in return!
Have a great sewing weekend, I am not going to get any sewing done. I have an 18th birthday for Daughter no 1 and a Sewing Sunday class. But I have been stashbusting – if I am allowed to call it that if the fabric I’ve been using is what I bought last week at the NEC…